This document governs and establishes the use and privacy rules of www.meliacuba.com (hereinafter meliacuba.com), administrated by GESMESOL, S.A. (hereinafter GESMESOL). The terms you, user and/or client are used indistinctively when referring to a person or entity that makes use of the services offered by meliacuba.com, as defined below.
GESMESOL intends to make Meliá Hotels International, SA hotels in Cuba more accessible to the world through meliacuba.com and related sites.
Consequently, GESMESOL has information related to hotel locators, images and videos, reservation request services, reservations, offers and promotions, news, newsletters and information services /customer service (hereinafter services).
GESMESOL will have the right to update and / or modify this policy without prior warning or notice and therefore users will be totally responsible for obtaining an updated version.
- Use of meliacuba.com services
- 1.2- The user agrees not to use the services rendered by meliacuba.com for illegal purposes or effects, which may violate the rights and /or interests of third parties or in any way damage or impede the proper use of meliacuba.com.
- 1.3- The client agrees and authorizes GESMESOL to use and automate the data provided by the client through online reservation forms, service requests, contacts, membership and subscription to newsletters or other services offered by GESMESOL.
- 1.4- GESMESOL, for the purpose of achieving greater operability and satisfaction of both clients and users, shall have the right to modify and update the services offered by meliacuba.com without prior notice or warning.
- 1.5- Users and clients can make the suggestions or recommendations deemed useful by email (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the contact pages developed for this purpose.
- Protection of Personal Information
- 2.2- GESMESOL may obtain information on the browsing conducted by users through meliacuba.com and related sites by using cookies, log files and statistics systems. A cookie does not identify you personally. It is a unique combination established only between your computer and your Internet browser and therefore it can only identify your computer and not you.
- 2.3- GESMESOL will not disclose or provide personal information on their clients (name, address, country, telephone, email, credit card information) to third parties, which shall be used only to respond to requests, complaints or suggestions made by clients and ultimately, statistical analyses.
- 2.4- GESMESOL will not disclose to third parties emails obtained from a newsletter subscription service, which shall be used exclusively for providing information on Meliá Hotels International S.A. offers and promotions in Cuba.
- 2.5- GESMESOL uses the https protocol, which provides secure connection during the booking process, where sensitive information related to the client's credit card is handled.
- 2.6- All personal information on clients is stored in servers with efficient security mechanisms (firewall, SELinux, codes resistant to dictionaries and brutal force attacks and limited access to the database), in order to avoid unauthorized access; however no mechanism is 100% secure.
- Third Party Links